Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nejatulusal

Multi Language Plug-in

8 posts in this topic

I would be pleased if you can suggest me a plug-in that can be easily adapted to Corvus Theme.

The Polylang Plug-in seems to have problems in defining to strings to be translated.

Thanks for the support

What problem are you facing with the Polylang plugin?

Kind Regards.

Home page is created by "Theme Options" tab in Corpus Theme as you know. In order to translate Home Page (by using Polylang), it should be recognized by the plugin and related texts should be displayed under "String Translations" tab since it could not be re-developed by any other means. Other pages can be translated by creating separate pages but it is impossible for the home page since it is not recognized by Polylang plugin.

Our default language is Turkish and we need to translate this into English and Spanish. We thought that possibly Polylang is not compatible with Corpus theme and you may suggest another plugin.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Hello Nejat,

I have transferred your query to the development team. Please expect a response soon.

Also please provide your site URL.

Kind Regards.

URL is;

http://www.ulusalmakina.com/

Waiting for your earliest response.

Regards,

Hello Nejat,

This can be achieved by creating wpml-config.xml file in the root directory of theme/plugin and adding translation strings to it. Just try this:

1. Create a xml file with the name wpml-config.xml in the root folder of theme/plugin
2. Add the following content to this file. (this is just a sample)

<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="corpus_theme">
<key name="head_box_content_1"/>
<key name="head_box_content_2"/>
<key name="head_box_content_3"/>
<key name="head_box_content_4"/>
</key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

3. Now log into your site and go to Settings -> Languages -> String translations.
4. Here you will be able to see Headbox translation strings

I hope this works and if it does then please reply so that I can create and provide you the entire wpml-config.xml file.

Kind Regards.

Hello,

Your sample successfully worked. We would appreciate if you could provide the complete "wpml-config.xml" file in earliest time.

Thank you for your dedicated support.

Regards,

Hello Nejat,

There is no need for you to create the xml file as we will be updating Corpus theme on 25/March/2016 and it will contain the needed file.

Kind Regards.